Friday, November 13, 2009

so im driving yesterday.......

and I'm very, very distracted.......
texting.....blah blah.....
and i run SMACK!! into a truck.........
a LARGE TRUCK!.....
and my tire EXPLODES.........that shit just cracks in half!!!
so......
I'm freaking out!!!
and these two Caribbean dudes, who are driving the truck.....
they are very very upset.....
telling me.....rightfully so!......that i 'should have been paying attention'.......
but we all take a gander at the situation, and there is really no harm done at all......
except that I'm left with a completely, deflated tire.....
in the middle of Columbus avenue!!!
in Manhattan!!
being the 'charm school' pupil that i AM, i think fast on my feet.....
start batting my eyelashes at the guys whom Ive HIT.....
being coquettish.....
appropriately 'confused'....
i end up......standing on the sidewalk, calling my friends.....drinking a latte......
whilst the two dudes change the tire for me!!!!
poetry in motion!!!
it was I who hit THEM!!
but they then spent an hour or more, helping a 'distressed damsel'.....
but stranger is what happened next....
a guy came out of a vitamin store to see what was going on and why all the commotion....
next thing i knew......he was handing me the keys to his Mercedes!!
telling me that 'he trusts me completely'.....
that he will do ANYTHING TO HELP....
in this city of renegades and thieves!!!
he handed his keys to a complete stranger!!!
i cannot explain really how the two incidents 'juxtaposed',
except to say that even in the depths
of melodrama and 'quagmire'......
there exists a kind of 'symmetry' in the universe......
that there are angels of all colors and persuasions.....
fluttering around us.....
one need only look........
and follow their lead......
in order to experience cohesion.......


No comments:

Post a Comment

IS IT ALL RELATIVE ?

What makes a traumatic situation real and not somehow sensationalized or exaggerated ? What constitutes real trauma ? Is it all relative ? I...