Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Ode to Peri....."I have a sister..."

She's not REALLY my sister, but MAN,,,,,it sure feels like she is...
I can tell her the TRUTH,,,
with no embellishment...
with no condiment to pour over it, so that it will taste sweeter....better,,,
Just the RAW, SALTY, UN-SEASONED TRUTH...
without a side dish of fluff....
And she really doesn't judge me harshly,,,
Nope...
She wisely leaves all of that predictable broo-haa to me...
As NOBODY is a harder and more critical judge of ME than ME...
And she remembers us as kids...and she values us as adults....
She cherishes and owns 'our' shared history,,,,
as though it were an exclusive collection of ART,,,,,as it were...
She keeps it in a box on the mantle next to her photo albums and such....
And I surely remember HER....
She is the BEST...always was...always will be...
Nothing changes really....
I just adore her...
And so, you see...
I have a sister....

IS IT ALL RELATIVE ?

What makes a traumatic situation real and not somehow sensationalized or exaggerated ? What constitutes real trauma ? Is it all relative ? I...