Sunday, June 20, 2010

on fathers......

my father was a PEACH.......
a ripe, juicy, delicious, PEACH of a man......

complicated, to be sure.....
but SO loving and warm.......
and wise.....

and learned......SO learned.....

he sat with a 'book of psalms' in his hands EVERY DAY........ALL DAY......

my father could capture peoples hearts with his smile......
could capture their unwavering attention with his stories.......

my father survived Auschwitz.......a hero.......
saving countless lives,  while in the death camp......

my father was a GIANT OF A MAN.......

i will forever carry the gifts of his extraordinary countenance.....

in honour of my father.......
on father's day.......

IS IT ALL RELATIVE ?

What makes a traumatic situation real and not somehow sensationalized or exaggerated ? What constitutes real trauma ? Is it all relative ? I...