Saturday, September 18, 2010

someone wrote to me yesterday....

and said that my writing is "offensive to Jewish people".....

WOW !!!!
WOW !!!!
that was a first !!!

let me state here, for the record.......
that i am NOTHING, if not a JEW....
that my entire life revolves around being a Jew.....
that i am proud and honoured and committed 150% to being a Jew....
always have been....
always will be......

my writing is somewhat autobiographical.....no question....
and there is devout humor in organized religion as i see it !
no question about that either !

people come to take themselves so seriously though......
that they forget to laugh !

so i take a kind of  "'birds eye view'",
albeit from 'within'....
and i attempt to SEE what one would see from the outside,
looking in ....

we shake lemons and branches and walk veritable miles on Saturdays....
and we cover our heads and we starve ourselves at appointed times.....
what are THEY SEEING when they look at us ???

what do WE SEE when we look at OURSELVES ???

so.....
pardonne moi, my loves....
NO OFFENSE EVER INTENDED.....:}}}}

IS IT ALL RELATIVE ?

What makes a traumatic situation real and not somehow sensationalized or exaggerated ? What constitutes real trauma ? Is it all relative ? I...