Saturday, December 18, 2010

I've been thinking about gardens....

....and of how the French have haphazard, disorganized gardens...
spewed with color and whimsy and 'random ness'....
while the English have these 'utterly organized' rows and rows of
homogenise 'same ness'...
so I clearly prefer the organic whimsy to the orderly drudgery....
(although I am DECIDEDLY NOT a fan of the FRENCH !)
ya think ??
lol
I think that this is a metaphor for life in and of itself...
Do we HAVE TO conform to the order ?
or
Is it possible to just "LET SHIT HAPPEN" ?
What happens when we relinquish control ?
Can we still be "masterful" in this regard ?
Does, in fact,
 this "letting go",
make us MORE MASTERFUL ?
Must we continue to follow the recipes in the
 Cookbooks of our sojourning ?
pondering....contemplating....

IS IT ALL RELATIVE ?

What makes a traumatic situation real and not somehow sensationalized or exaggerated ? What constitutes real trauma ? Is it all relative ? I...