Saturday, May 14, 2011

There stood a man....

just next to the opening of the Holland Tunnel....
with only a backpack and a guitar.....
He stood in that precarious space on the yellow lines between the lanes of cars....
There were policemen everywhere...
But noone seemed to notice him or bother him....
He had deep scars on his face....
and it appeared that one of his ears was missing!
But the really captivating thing about this vagabond...
was that he was INCREDIBLY BEAUTIFUL....
almost like an ANGEL or something...
There was an ethereal glow about him....
otherworldly really....
And then it occurred to me that the cops and the other people weren't bothering about him...
because they COULD NOT see him !!!
Only I could !!!
I got chills....
He was surely some kind of divine vision....
He smiled at me....and winked....
And I knew for CERTAIN that something celestial was happening !!
He motioned to me to get out of the car.....
and I did so....
IN THE MIDDLE OF THE OPENING OF THE TUNNEL !!!
amid all that crazy, ruthless traffic !!
As I stepped onto the street....
at the very moment that my feet touched the ground....
the ground seemed immediately to transform...
to something "cloud like"...
soft....fluffy....
It gave me the entire sensation of FLOATING....
Suddenly I was "No longer in Kansas, TOTO!"...
I was in a kind of meadow.....
with grass and tundra all around me...
WEIRD ....
Had I died ???
Was I dreaming ??
The beautiful MAN with the guitar was next to me...
(I couldn't SEE him, but I FELT him...)
difficult to explain....
There were trees...
With cherries and peaches hanging from them....(together!)
I awoke abruptly then....
 with the keen scent of peaches in my nostrils !!
and there were a cherries on the pillow next to me....
What had just happened ???

IS IT ALL RELATIVE ?

What makes a traumatic situation real and not somehow sensationalized or exaggerated ? What constitutes real trauma ? Is it all relative ? I...