Thursday, January 26, 2012

This appears to be consistently true....

Not exactly the "When it rains, it pours" thing....
But along those kind of lines, I guess....
Plenty seems to beget Plenty...
uhhhh....
Abundance tends to group itself with MORE abundance...
What am I saying ??
That you CAN, in point of fact, my friends,.....
HAVE IT ALL....
Every little freakin' bit of it...
With just ONE caveat....
ONE rule to follow,
 in order to KEEP it....
RECOGNIZE "ABUNDANCE" when it shows its face to you...
APPRECIATE it....
and for GOD's sake......
be THANKFUL for it...
This brings to mind that old story about the guy drowning at sea....
He PRAYS and PRAYS for rescue....
and along comes a WHALE with a SADDLE on its back.....
But the guy is SO BUSY praying and lamenting,
that he IGNORES the whale !!!
Then overhead come 2 helicopters....
But the man, true to form, is too "OVERWHELMED" by how dangerous his situation is...
to EVEN NOTICE !!
And FINALLY....
 along comes a sailboat with a captain....
And the captain tries to get the drowning man's attention....
But to NO AVAIL.....
The guy is too busy screaming for help...
And so.....
He drowns....
He goes to heaven, and he runs SMACK into GOD...
and he says,
"GOD !!!   WHY DID YOU LET ME DROWN ???"...
And GOD says, "Listen, DUFUSS...I sent you a WHALE !!!
with a SADDLE ON IT !!!!....."
"I sent you TWO FREAKING HELICOPTERS !!"
"I  EVEN sent you a BOAT WITH A CAPTAIN !!"
You were so busy crying for my help,,,FOOL,
 that you actually missed all of my HELP !!"

Guys...
YOU GET MY DRIFT, right ??

IS IT ALL RELATIVE ?

What makes a traumatic situation real and not somehow sensationalized or exaggerated ? What constitutes real trauma ? Is it all relative ? I...