Sunday, February 19, 2012

I had a dream.....

There were people all around me......
Jews...
Huddled together...
forming some sort of human, safety net.....
There were missiles....explosions...
The sky was RED and ORANGE and BLACK....
with sulphur and fire and dynamite....
There were sirens.....
Children screaming and crying...
And in the midst of the calamitous huddle.....
there was a small boy....
He sat there without moving...
I could see his little, scratched skin trembling....
He couldn't have been more than 6 years old...
I tried to get to him....
But the crowd was DENSE....REPELLENT....like TEFLON...
impossible to move through,,,,
I had a sense of DOOM....like a SITTING DUCK.....
Noone could move, ironically, out of the danger zone......
We had known ALL ALONG that they hated us.....
But we had stayed......stupidly.....
in the quagmire of DENIAL....
And now......
here we were.......
about to be EXTINGUISHED.......ERADICATED....
And then......
I woke up !!
Wow.....
It had felt so REAL......
Strangely, there was the distinct smell of SULPHUR in the room...
Coffee.....
I needed coffee.....

IS IT ALL RELATIVE ?

What makes a traumatic situation real and not somehow sensationalized or exaggerated ? What constitutes real trauma ? Is it all relative ? I...