Friday, April 20, 2012

Watching all those generations passing through.....

Yesterday I attended a funeral of  my very close friend's father....
And as we stood there, graveside,
 I had occasion to really look at the family...
to NOTICE them....
in a way that one seldom can....
(because all were very still.....unmoving)
I looked at the grandchildren mostly....
And it struck me that these kids,
 whom Id known for several years now...
were no longer kids....
but young adults....
And I began to see, quite literally,
 that "one door opening...one door closing" thing....
And I remembered the verse by Ecclesiastes...
"For everything there is a season..."
There are moments, my friends....
when CLARITY is WHOLLY AVAILABLE....BECKONING even.....
when PERSPECTIVE is standing right in front of you.....
offering itself on a "Shiva Platter".....
when the potential for REFLECTION suddenly becomes the STATUS QUO....
What should we take away from these moments ?
Why is pain and suffering such a non negotiable part of our life ?
Is STOICISM better, somehow, than RAW EMOTION ?
Just thoughts....

IS IT ALL RELATIVE ?

What makes a traumatic situation real and not somehow sensationalized or exaggerated ? What constitutes real trauma ? Is it all relative ? I...