Tuesday, April 23, 2013

The lady in Elizabeth...

"Fake it 'til ya make it...", said the Lady Wizard .....
"Be THAT girl.......not THAT girl..."
Wise and profound words....
Not even words really...
Just an obstinate, nonnegotiable stance ....
hurled at me from atop her magical perch.....
resonating LOUDLY.... CLEARLY.....
I felt in that moment .......
as if someone had just removed a thick, debilitating, vinyl covering...
which had been suffocating me beneath its full-blown density...
for FAR too long....
FARRRR too long...
"Don't be THAT girl...."
DAMN...Why hadn't I thought of that ???
And just like that, the lights in the dark, damp room
WENT BACK ON....
in a blaze of DEFIANT, LEONINE glory...
And the rest of the story...
Well.....
That has yet to reveal itself...
All I know for sure is that
 "It's gonna have some serious SWAG...."


IS IT ALL RELATIVE ?

What makes a traumatic situation real and not somehow sensationalized or exaggerated ? What constitutes real trauma ? Is it all relative ? I...