Saturday, January 24, 2015

Liberation from Auschwitz...

As the 70th Anniversary of the Liberation of Auschwitz draws near,
I find myself in an unusual kind of  'vortex' of Emotion & Sentiment & even of Longing...
It is as if I am floating above myself somehow....
in a kind of ethereal mist...
The mist is Citrine in color....Drab in a way...
Somewhat acerbic to the tongue ..
I am WATCHING....
GUARDING....
REMEMBERING...
DIS-MEMBERING...
ALL in the 3rd person...
And the Black & White Stripes are undulating and OOZING in gelatinous form.....
through the broken wires of cyclone fencing...
The stripes are dancing actually....
And I find myself TRAPPED in the citrine bubble above myself....
Knocking MADLY.....Trying desperately to GET MY OWN ATTENTION...
And my Parents are there...
Digging a hole in the dirt beneath the fence...
with their torn and bloody hands...
And the color of the RED blood, as seen through my GREEN mist is STARTLING in its utter subtlety...
And I can see, as clear as day, that there is an ANGEL sitting on the branch of an apple tree...
And she is feeding my parents bits of apple soaked in honey and wine...
The wine is RED....just as the blood....
And somehow I KNOW that THEY are indeed FREE...
But I am not...


 

IS IT ALL RELATIVE ?

What makes a traumatic situation real and not somehow sensationalized or exaggerated ? What constitutes real trauma ? Is it all relative ? I...