Sunday, October 24, 2010

"speed-date guy"....

so i went to meet 'speed-date guy'....
and after all, I'd only met him that once....
i remembered he had glasses....
and that he was a musician...
and that's about ALL i remembered !!
so i get there....
and i see a guy kind of hanging by a pole.....
and he's looking at me...kind of relieved or something...
and i go over to him, and i go, "JOHN ?"
and he goes, "yeah"....
and I'm thinking to myself, "HE DOESN'T HAVE GLASSES!"
and he doesn't seem like JOHN....
and then he goes, "CHRISTINA?"...
and i go, "UHHH>>>> NO !"
and he goes, "well, pleasure to meet you anyway..."
and I'm thinking, "WHAT ??"
and then this hostess comes outside and asks me if I'm meeting a guy with glasses...
and i go, "yeah."
and she goes, "i think hes waiting inside...."
and she's kinda like CHUCKLING......
and she points him out to me...
and i see the glasses.....
and I'm totally confused as to whether it's him or not...
but the hostess is ABSOLUTELY POSITIVE that his name is JOHN and that hes waiting for a woman....
and he has his back kind of to us, and all i see from the angle I'm standing at are these HUGE, FREAKING GLASSES !!!
and the side view of what looks like a GIGANTIC ZIT !!!
and i go to the hostess, "go ask him if he's waiting for TOBY..."
"cause if he is, I'm RUNNING AWAY !!!"
and the hostess goes, "he's not THAT UGLY !!..it's just those GIGANTIC GLASSES..."
i mean, this guys glasses made him look like MR ED !!!
and we are wetting our pants laughing !! (me and the hostess!)
and finally, i go over to him and ask if his name's JOHN,
 and he says, "yeah."
and i am DYING that i made a date with a ZIT FACED, MR ED !!!
and I'm thinking,
 "i won't even be able to eat, cuz his face makes me want to puke !!"
and i go, "I'm TOBY, remember ?"
and he goes, "NO".
and i ask him if he's "SPEED-DATE JOHN" , and thank GOD, he says,
 "NO."
and the hostess is doubled over laughing...
and then i go outside, and walking toward me...
is "SPEED-DATE JOHN"....

IS IT ALL RELATIVE ?

What makes a traumatic situation real and not somehow sensationalized or exaggerated ? What constitutes real trauma ? Is it all relative ? I...