Monday, October 25, 2010

there's a small brownstone.....

a few blocks from where i live...
pretty dilapidated....
and i often walk by it, en route to someplace or another.....
and there's something about this house on the upper east side....
that always grabs my attention...
on the second floor,
there is always,
but always....
 a young woman sitting next to the window....
'Rapunzel esque', in a way.....
long hair...
she has a very sad smile....
is SAD SMILE an oxymoron ?
and she's somewhat dehydrated, in a way...
hard to explain...
after all, I'm not right next to her....
but i have the distinct impression that she is STARVING....
i don't know why...
call it intuition....
hence...
sometimes when i know I'll be passing by 'said house'....
(or perhaps when i determine to do so)...
I'll leave a bag of muffins or apples or something...
and then, later in the day, I'll swing back around...
just to see if she's taken the food inside....
but she NEVER does so...
the food is always right there, in the place where i left it....
and it makes me sad...
i don't know why I'm telling you about this.....

IS IT ALL RELATIVE ?

What makes a traumatic situation real and not somehow sensationalized or exaggerated ? What constitutes real trauma ? Is it all relative ? I...