Saturday, March 26, 2011

Yesterday a Woman Said Something....

that I can't shake off....
We were chatting about Truth and Telling the Truth...
and about how I'm so BRUTALLY HONEST, even about Myself...
ESPECIALLY about Myself really....
and she said,
"That must be so DIS EMPOWERING"...
WOW !!!
Dis empowering ??
Hmm....
I walked away after that, and that simple, yet PROFOUND statement..
OBSERVATION, actually...
just kept replaying in my mind....
Is it WRONG to be OPEN and HONEST about your own private affairs ?
Is it too ridiculously TRUSTING ?
Does it HUMBLE you TOO much ?
Can one be TOO HUMBLE ?
Is it a manipulation ?
Is there an AGENDA behind your BOLD TRUTH ?
WHY share it ??
WHY NOT share it ???
Are there times when it's just TOO SHOCKING ?
Too DISTURBING ?
TOO HONEST ??
Thoughts ?

IS IT ALL RELATIVE ?

What makes a traumatic situation real and not somehow sensationalized or exaggerated ? What constitutes real trauma ? Is it all relative ? I...