Sunday, June 5, 2011

So theres a haircutter in this new salon in my building...

and he seemed 'OK'...
kind of square....
but pretty NON-objectionable,  I guess...
and I went in to make an appointment for a haircut, color, etc....
and it was fine...(KINDA)
but for some reason, I had a weird vibe about it....
and i couldn't put my finger on it...
It may have been just simply an example of that adage ..
"Never ask an OLD MAID for marriage advice"...
LOL
So....By the same token,

(in TOBY language),
"Don't go to a SQUARE dude for a cool, up-to-date, hair style..."
Right ???
So...
I figured,
against my own better judgment,
I'd give him a try anyway...
The thing is that I overslept....
by just a few minutes....
and I ran to get there,
 making it literally 10 minutes later than the appointed time....
and this innocuous, quiet hairdresser was INCENSED...
HOW DARE I COME 10 MINUTES LATE !!!
and suddenly....
I noticed that he was an ARAB....
(I don't know WHY I hadn't seen it before...)
and of course, the JEW in me came up defiantly....
and I turned on my heel...
and I RAN OUT of the place....
That's it....
That's all I got......

IS IT ALL RELATIVE ?

What makes a traumatic situation real and not somehow sensationalized or exaggerated ? What constitutes real trauma ? Is it all relative ? I...