Friday, February 3, 2012

So the bearded sage posed the question:

"Do we spend our time
"WANTING the LIGHT" ?"
Or....
"HAVING the LIGHT?"
I must tell you......This is an EXCELLENT, PROVOCATIVE QUESTION !!
Disconcerting rather.....

What is it that we are in such HOT PURSUIT of ??
(I realize that I ended the question with a preposition!)...
(Chill out...OK ?   :}})....
You may actually LEARN something today !!

We spend veritable lifetimes ...
"making LISTS"....
lamenting our 'less-than-perfect' fortune...
SAYING....
We WANT this....
We WANT that....
But...
Do we REALLY EVEN WANT the things which we supposedly pine for ?
OR....
Do we simply WANT "THE LIGHT" ?
I took his interpretation of "THE LIGHT"as my own meaning for "GOD"....
Mui Complicato....
and yet.....
SO SIMPLE......
We want GOD....beginning and end of story....
I'm just beginning to contemplate these words which startled me so.....
startled me into an UNCOMFORTABLE state...
You will hear much more on this "eye opening" revelation moving forward...

Until then, My Sweets...
SHABBAT SHALOM....UM'VORACH


IS IT ALL RELATIVE ?

What makes a traumatic situation real and not somehow sensationalized or exaggerated ? What constitutes real trauma ? Is it all relative ? I...