Saturday, March 24, 2012

Our dog was the sweetest, gentlest animal....

When we brought Brendan home from the hospital as a newborn, Hampton was there....
awaiting his arrival....
It was almost as if he were HER baby.....
She would run into my room whenever he sneezed or coughed,
just to let me know...
just to make sure that the baby was OK....
She  would stare at me with those soulful eyes,
those LOVING eyes,
 morning and night.....
We were her whole life....
We were her Family...
And then....
just like that, it seems....
she grew old....
It happened in what seemed like a heartbeat.....
But in truth,
I can't even remember a time without her....
Unconditional love.....
PROFOUND, UNCONDITIONAL LOVE......
May the sweet 'Hampton Schneier' rest in peace....
She will be missed always.....

IS IT ALL RELATIVE ?

What makes a traumatic situation real and not somehow sensationalized or exaggerated ? What constitutes real trauma ? Is it all relative ? I...