Thursday, May 17, 2012

Is That 'Gold Dust' I See Sparkling on My Face ?

as I look into the mirror this morning ?
Was it there YESTERDAY ?
Or...
Did an angel with Golden Wings sprinkle it over me as I slept ?
Is it 18 karat gold ?
Do you suppose ?
or....
 a mere SYMBOL of hope and light and fortuitous days ahead ?
Shall I gather it in order to HARVEST it?
Does one HARVEST gold ??
Would exfoliation be a mistake ?
And what if I held a TIN CUP just beneath my chin.......
and collected all of the twinkling dust ?
After all....
the tin cup is of no use to me anymore.....
as I no longer can afford to pay for my CRATE just outside of BARNEY's.....
the one which I was perched upon for so long....
So....
What if I were to bring the tin cup filled with "presumed 18 karat gold"
to my local BULLION SHOP ?
to the JEW with the yarmulke ?
(the one who TRADES everything for everything)...
and he were to MELT the golden ice down for me ?
And then....
What if I forged onward to the nearest CHASE BANK ?.....
and cashed in the gold for GREEN ?
Is it GOLD on my face....
or just GLITTER from the little one's art project ?

IS IT ALL RELATIVE ?

What makes a traumatic situation real and not somehow sensationalized or exaggerated ? What constitutes real trauma ? Is it all relative ? I...