Sunday, January 20, 2013

Creativity, Chemistry, etc...

One simply cannot MANUFACTURE creativity....
It must somehow be a pre-existing condition....
Perhaps the "creative one" was born with it...
Or...
It's possible that the individual trials, tribulations, and overall "happenings"
brought with them a kind of "vision"...an EXTRA SENSE....
Same goes for chemistry...
Chemistry is not 'packaged' on an assembly line of "particularly chosen" characteristics...
"GOOD ON PAPER" should NEVER be mistaken as
 "GOOD ON SKIN"...
Although...
certainly...
the two are NOT mutually exclusive....(We can hope!)
Dating Sites are set up with columns...actual COLUMNS....
 of "eye color" and "height"....
and "movie preferences"....
and "IF WE LIKE DOGS"...
I mean....REALLY???
LIKING DOGS  will somehow reserve a place for us upon the MATRIMONIAL PEDESTAL ??
How's that workin' for ya ??
Just sayin'....
Creativity, as well,
 CANNOT be SUMMONED as if it were a garcon in a chic bistro...
No..No...
It takes a particular SOUND or COLOR or AROMA even...
to ignite that spark which will turn out a great PAINTING or NOVEL or CONCERTO...
Oh, yeah...
The CONCERTOS are just FLOWING out of me...
What am I saying ???
Simply that I am NOT an "ON DEMAND" channel...
I cannot be jarred, canned, wrapped....
as if I were a foreign delicacy....
I cannot be ordered around, summoned, or commanded to CREATE...
OR...
to LOVE, for that matter...
It MUST be ORGANIC...(at least for me...)
That's all I got...
Happy Sunday, Mi Compadres...




IS IT ALL RELATIVE ?

What makes a traumatic situation real and not somehow sensationalized or exaggerated ? What constitutes real trauma ? Is it all relative ? I...