Tuesday, September 28, 2010

how did i get mixed up in all this political banter ??

i was just a simple gal from out west.....
minding my own business....
plodding along in the big, urban jungle.....
when suddenly ....!!
a NEW president came to power....
who pretty much ADMITTED that he didn't like ME or MY KIND.....
imagine that !!
and before i knew it, i was caught in a current that was SO STRONG and TUMULTUOUS !!,,,
that i seemed to be drowning....
(along with my people).....
DROWNING !!!
so what choice did i have ???
i ask you.....
hence,
i opened my mouth !!
BIG !!!
and thoughts and words and emotions that had been brewing inside me
for decades.....
CAME POURING OUT !!
and i said, in my LOUDEST AND MOST INTIMIDATING VOICE...
"I WILL NOT ALLOW YOU,
MR PRESIDENT,
TO CLOUD AND BLEMISH MY WORLD !!!!
OH, NO !!!
OF THIS YOU CAN BE CERTAIN !!!"
and there were applause....
and they served CAKE with VANILLA ICING....
and that's how it happened.....

IS IT ALL RELATIVE ?

What makes a traumatic situation real and not somehow sensationalized or exaggerated ? What constitutes real trauma ? Is it all relative ? I...