Tuesday, September 14, 2010

so I run over to BEST BUY this morning....

so that they can help me with my laptop.....
as its completely freaking out !
and there is a verrrrrrry long line there at the 'GEEK SQUAD'....
the 'geeks' are in HIGH DEMAND on this particular morning....
and I'm wearing extremely high heals....
and it's taking forever.....blah blah....
so i sit down on this bench to wait it out....

and this woman comes in....
with a kid in a stroller and a dog in a very silly, polka dotted scarf...
THE DOG was in the scarf !!
and the woman is wearing a POLKA DOTTED SKIRT to match with the dog's scarf  !!!
and the stroller is ALSO polka dotted.....

there is NO QUESTION as to the veracity of this statement !!!

and the woman is kind of 'prancing' around the people in line....
and ALL of these 'new yorkers'....( dressed in serious, dark colors)....
are rolling their eyes, etc....
at the silliness of this woman and her dog and her kid....

and then she comes over to the bench....
and kind of motions that i should move over....
so i do....
and then she plops herself and the kid and a huge bag down next to me
on this tiny bench.....
and she takes out this SLIMY, DISGUSTING MUSH for the dog !!!
and she sticks it RIGHT NEXT TO MY FOOT !!!!
and tells the dog to come eat it right on top of my foot !!!!
THIS REALLY HAPPENED !!!!

and the people in line are SHOCKED by the disgusting ness of the scene !!!
and I, needless to say, AM APPALLED BEYOND MEASURE !!!!

and this smug asshole just sits there,smiling in her freaking polka dotted haze.......
 allowing her little group to just completely
take over the space all around them !!!

and I lose my patience, which has come up Rather short anyway.....
from the incessant waiting .....
and I say to her ,
"THIS IS DISGUSTING !!!
 GET THAT DOG AND HIS SLIMY FOOD AWAY FROM ME  IMMEDIATELY !!!!"
and she is completely taken aback !!
and she's FRENCH, TO BOOT !!!
and she starts saying, in that affected, french way,
"this is a free countreeeee......and i can feed my dog wherever i want...."
and i say,
"look, idiot !!
THIS IS NOT SOME BACKSTREET IN FRANCE !!!
and get your freaking dog off of my foot NOW !!!!!"
and a woman in line starts saying, "GET YOUR DOG OFF OF HER FOOT !!!!"
and the ridiculous french woman starts
WAGGING HER FINGER
in my face !!!!
and asking me, "WHO DO YOU THIIINK YOUUUU ARRRE ??"
and I, in true form , start calling her a JEW HATER !!
LOL
and she picks up the slimy bowl of dog mush and the kid and the dog.....
and GAZILLIONS of POLKA DOTS go running out of the store !!!!
in a complete HUFF !!!

WHAT A COUNTRY !!!

IS IT ALL RELATIVE ?

What makes a traumatic situation real and not somehow sensationalized or exaggerated ? What constitutes real trauma ? Is it all relative ? I...