Sunday, March 6, 2011

Message from a Mother to her Son.....

I FEEL YOU....
And do you know WHY I feel you ?
Because for 9+ long months you lived inside of me...
Growing your life...
attached to my veins and blood and calcium levels...
And although clearly, we are PHYSICALLY and genetically attached...
there is another level of this attachment that is even MORE PROFOUND....
It is the Psychic connection...
the SIMPATICO....
The incredible level of empathy and sympathy and DEEP UNDERSTANDING....
wherein I house your very sentiments within my soul..
your fears...your joys...your sorrows...
your humiliations...
your HAPPINESS...your security...
EVERYTHING...
so that your tears are my tears...
and your feelings are never EVER brushed aside as inconsequential....
Know this, my son...
You are treasured and respected...
and LOVED....

IS IT ALL RELATIVE ?

What makes a traumatic situation real and not somehow sensationalized or exaggerated ? What constitutes real trauma ? Is it all relative ? I...