Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Don't Count THOSE CHICKENS so fast.....

Hello !!!
I'm saying it for the UMP tee nth time....
OR
maybe I'm actually saying it for the FIRST time !!
no matter....
Just LISTEN to me........
Do NOT calculate that succulent commission check until it's
 signed, sealed, delivered, cleared, and SPENT !
I mean it, Sigfried !!
Ya just never know when that dreaded, OTHER shoe will drop...
And at this point...
although I'm loathe to admit it....
It would appear that it WILL, in fact, DROP...
So what of POSITIVE THINKING, you ask ??
What of OPTIMISM ??
HOPE ??
BELIEF??
Well...
from where I sit these days, my friends....
ALL of these fine, idyllic concepts can continue to be incorporated into the
NEWER, SMARTER, MORE PRAGMATIC equation..
So...
What of ROMANCE and HAPPENSTANCE, you ask ??
Well...
This is where the whole thing gets just a tad blurry...
SOMEHOW....
PLEASE GOD...
We can learn to be PRACTICAL and CLEVER and PRUDENT even....
while still being PINK and FLOWERY and LOVELY and SPONTANEOUS ....
Let me sleep on it....
They say that Aristotle did his best work under the covers!

IS IT ALL RELATIVE ?

What makes a traumatic situation real and not somehow sensationalized or exaggerated ? What constitutes real trauma ? Is it all relative ? I...