Friday, June 10, 2011

My Dad (Zichrono Livracha)...

What a guy....
I miss him like crazy....
Today is the 7th year anniversary of his death....
I've always thought that "anniversary"
 is a rather 'terse' word to use with
regard to a death...
Well....actually NOT 'terse'...
(Here I go again!)
a rather 'callous' word'....
NO!
a ""FESTIVE"" word...
YES!
far too 'festive' for this kind of thing....
In any case....
while your parents are alive and (well),,,,
you have this kind of 'in house' security blanket...
they will ALWAYS be there for you....
(unlike virtually ANYBODY else)....
I think PARTICULARLY a FATHER....
Well...
Let me say this.....
I see more of my dad every day in myself...
some good....some ehhh....
and I miss him EVERY,SINGLE day....
but TODAY especially....
and I KNOW....beyond a shadow of doubt...
that he's WATCHING ME....
and that,
at least for today,
my SECURITY BLANKET is in place....
Shabbat Shalom

IS IT ALL RELATIVE ?

What makes a traumatic situation real and not somehow sensationalized or exaggerated ? What constitutes real trauma ? Is it all relative ? I...