Tuesday, June 7, 2011

on Shavuoth...

Somehow...
throughout my life...
this particular holiday just snuck by me...
without making the slightest impact...
Odd really...
A meaningful holiday, to be sure...
but it just doesn't crack a dent in my 'celebration armor'...
And you all know,
full well....
that I LOVE the JEWISH HOLIDAYS...
I mean...
95% of everything Ive ever written, painted, etc...
revolves around MY being a JEW...
Nonetheless,
this one just doesn't cut it for me...
Maybe its this "90 Day Challenge"...
Nahh....this 'non sentiment' precedes the challenge...
Having said that,
BLINTZES,
for example.
are OUT of the question...duhhh!!
as are all those other CARBO LICIOUS  chazerei (junk)..
When I think of BLINTZES....i have this image in my mind of these succulent, albeit greasy,
rich, crepe-like items....
being carried by my mom and the other moms..
in huge aluminum pans....
DRRRIPPPING with oil....and OOOZING cheese and sugar...
To this day, I cannot remember WHERE they were taking them ! 
LOL
and...
at this juncture, the BLINTZES,
unforunately,
 (or perhaps fortunately!)
will be falling upon the deaf and HUNGRY ears of this fair (?) maiden....
Can EARS be HUNGRY ??
And then ...
there's the staying up all night to learn TORAH ...
ehhhhh....
I musta been absent that day....
So...
I will continue to search for meaning and LIGHT as this YOM TOV enters tonight...
as I down my ump teenth "CHALLENGE SHAKE"....
That's a promise!
Chag Smeiach...

IS IT ALL RELATIVE ?

What makes a traumatic situation real and not somehow sensationalized or exaggerated ? What constitutes real trauma ? Is it all relative ? I...