Thursday, March 21, 2013

Delivering the mail...

So there's a woman who delivers the mail where I live...
(EVEN in this day and age of scanners and quick-pays, etc...)
There are still SOME things that qualify for SNAIL MAIL....
So...
 Her name is Peggy...a short, little Irish woman who ALWAYS,
 but ALWAYS,
has a great big smile on her face....
And I have often seen her climbing up hills in snow and rain,,,,looking exhausted really...
But NEVER have I heard a single iota of complaint from her...
AU CONTRAIRE...
The smile continues to grace her pleasant face perpetually...
A real LADY, Peggy is...
And you KNOW, beyond a shadow of doubt, that the smile is GENUINE....

And I have often wondered how I would fare in the same circumstance...
Although frankly, I don't need to wonder...I KNOW...
I would be BITTER and SAD and utterly SORRY for myself....
I would be cursing and crying and God knows what else...

What is that ?
The thing that makes one person satisfied and the other miserable ?
Is it PARENTING ?
RELIGION ?
LIFE EXPERIENCE ?

IS IT ALL RELATIVE ?

What makes a traumatic situation real and not somehow sensationalized or exaggerated ? What constitutes real trauma ? Is it all relative ? I...