Wednesday, March 24, 2010

so i go to meet a man about a job.....

and i set my hummer navigation system to
"25 smith avenue"..
and i arrive at EXACTLY the appointed time for the interview.....
only to realize, to my extreme chagrin,
that the address for the appointment is
"25 smith PLACE"...NOT AVENUE !!!!
i call the man with whom i have the scheduled appointment.....
and i tell him that i've made a dreadful mistake...
(but an honest one nonetheless)
and he tells me to
"JUST FORGET THE WHOLE THING!"
....that "attention to detail" is EVERYTHING....
and that he has no interest whatsoever in meeting me....
i am mortified....sitting in the hummer by the side of the road in some godforsaken area of brooklyn...
at "25 smith avenue"....
and then i realize that the man is
making a HUGE MISTAKE...
that meeting ME is not only an OPPORTUNITY,
but that it's a PRIVILEDGE !!!
and so...
i type "25 smith PLACE" into my navigation system,
and i set off for my ultimate destination !!
i arrive 20 minutes later, feeling confident,
but, of course,
a bit apprehesive at the same time....
i am, after all, dressed like a PILGRIM !!!
not the usual "glamour hippy" attire....
HENCE......
I AM PROFOUNDLY READY FOR THE INTERVIEW !!!
and i will move forward,
regardless of aspersions cast in my way....
I WILL REACH THE PROMISED LAND (in brooklyn!)...
MAKE NO MISTAKE !!!
stay tuned, fair readers.....:)))

No comments:

Post a Comment

IS IT ALL RELATIVE ?

What makes a traumatic situation real and not somehow sensationalized or exaggerated ? What constitutes real trauma ? Is it all relative ? I...