Saturday, July 2, 2011

on Independence....

Independence...
a TRICKY concept.....
Are we EVER truly INDEPENDENT ?
Do we even WANT to be INDEPENDENT ?
We fight so hard for our stab at 'standing on our own'...
beholden to no one....
and yet...
in the end of the day...
IS THIS WHAT WE WANT ?
to be ON OUR OWN ?
answerable to NO ONE ?
I'm not so sure that we REALLY comprehend the meaning of INDEPENDENCE....
the IMPLICATIONS therein....
So...
I humbly suggest to you....
that being Dependent upon others is...
healthy...
necessary....
HUMAN......
However....
the concept of "CO DEPENDENCE" ???
a different story altogether, Chumps...
YUCKY....
UN healthy...
YUCKY...
Did I say that already ??
I remember in college I knew this couple...
They got married VERY young...
and WHY do I remember them ??
NOT because we were so close...
or because they were so cool...
NO...
What stands out for me about this couple...
is that they ONLY OWNED ONE KEY to their apartment....
so that...
if one came home and the other one (holding the key!)...
was not home yet....
the first one waited in the lobby !
SOMETIMES FOR HOURS!
This is a prime example of CO DEPENDENCE...
YUCK...
I wonder if they're still married ?...
Happy 4th !!!!

IS IT ALL RELATIVE ?

What makes a traumatic situation real and not somehow sensationalized or exaggerated ? What constitutes real trauma ? Is it all relative ? I...